Sunday, November 11, 2012


She started bleeding.

Mirembe is 6 months pregnant and should not be bleeding. Her stomach started hurting the night before, but she didn’t say anything. How many times must I say it – tell me, please! Tell me if anything happens.

But she kept quiet, hoping it was nothing.

We jumped in the van as early as possible this morning, and headed to the hospital. The line was long. The doctor wasn’t coming. The midwives weren’t sure and were honestly a little scared…and didn’t want to have it on their hands.

I haven’t had to deal with one of my teenagers having a miscarriage yet. And honestly…I’m not sure I’m ready for it. I got choked up a couple of times yesterday during the ordeal and couldn’t pray out loud for the tears streaming down my face as I stood next to the hospital bed. I silently begged God – “Not this. Not this one! Lord, she was raped, she’s young – but don’t take this baby. Not yet – I’m not ready for this.”

My children waiting at home, a Maternity Clinic to run, a mother with a preemie needing attention, a baby whose colon has twisted needing urgent care – all were clamoring for my attention. So, I left Mirembe there with one of her other teenage “sisters”.

A call came later – the bleeding has stopped…some. But she has malaria and they’re just still not that sure about the baby.

So as of now…we still don’t know. The baby seems to be experiencing sme kind of trauma.
I am asking for your prayers. Please pray. Please pray for Mirembe and for her baby. Lift them up before the throne of God with us and pray God’s will be done in both of these precious lives.




Thank you. We’ll update as soon as we can. May God bless you. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm asking God to intervene and give health to this baby and Mirembe. I'm asking God to give you His strength and the peace of mind that comes from trusting Him. We wrestle not with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. I'm asking for the whole armor of Christ to be about you, Miremba and her child, your children and each and to everyone you are ministering to. May Christ show himself strong in this time of trial and weakness as he promises. In the name of Jesus I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I will be praying love y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete